Data Protection and Social Media Netiquette
Data protection is an important concern to us – as is respectful and constructive communication on our social media channels.
Handling personal data transparently and lawfully is of utmost importance to us. Personal data is collected by providing us with this information. This can be data that was entered in a contact form, for example. Other data is collected automatically or with the user’s consent by our IT systems when visiting this website. These are mainly technical data (e.g. internet browser, operating system or time of page view). This data is recorded automatically as soon as one enters this website.
Submitted data will only be used for the purpose it has been required for (e.g. donations, subscribing to newsletters). However, our web site can be accessed without disclosing any personal data. Where technically possible and reasonable, all services provided may be used without entering such data or by entering anonymised data or a pseudonym.
Responsible for data capture on this website is the operator of this website. Please find the contact details in the imprint. The responsible contact for data processing on this website is:
When contacting the Data Protection Officer, please state which company your enquiry relates to. Please do not include sensitive information, such as a copy of your ID card, with your request.
Data protection concerning donations
Our website offers the possibility to donate online. If a user takes advantage of this possibility, the data entered into the associated form will be transmitted to us and stored. The form is provided by the Bank für Sozialwirtschaft AG (“BFS”). The data entered is therefore passed on directly to BFS as well as the technical service providers used by the BFS to provide the form for executing the donation order with an encrypted SSL connection. This data is not transferred to other third parties. The following data is collected with the form:
Full name (last name, first name) with salutation (optional title and company name); address (street, house number, city, postal code, country); e-mail address; bank data (IBAN); donation data (donation recipient, amount, donation/purpose, donation receipt desired)
Additionally for donations using credit cards: Card type, card number, CVV / CVC verification number, credit card expiration date
If a donation receipt is required, we process the data in order to issue and send a corresponding donation receipt.
The data collected is necessary for the execution and implementation of the donation order. The user’s e-mail address is required to confirm receipt of the donation order. The data will not be used for any other purpose. The legal basis for processing the data is Article 6, Para. 1 lit. b GDPR.
At the moment the form is sent, the user’s IP address is also stored. We use the IP address to prevent misuse of the donation form. The IP address is used for the purpose of fraud prevention and to prevent unauthorised transactions to the detriment of third parties. The legal basis for processing the IP address is Article 6, Para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose it was collected. For bank data, this is the case immediately after collection of the donation amount. The address data are stored after any desired creation and sending of a donation receipt and the same with all other data entered in the context of tax retention obligations, but locked for use for any other reason. The additional IP address collected during the sending process will be deleted at the latest after a period of seven days.
The user can object to the processing of the data at any time. However, it should be noted that in the event of an objection, the donation order can not be carried out as desired.
By using this website, you are consenting to Google processing the data obtained from you in the manner and for the purpose described above.
You can watch video content on our website, linking to our YouTube channel. You can watch these videos directly on our webpage. However, YouTube has its own cookie and privacy policies over which we have no control. In order to watch a video on our website, a message will alert you that you need to accept YouTube cookies to do so. There is no installation of cookies from YouTube until you consent to YouTube cookies.
To increase the readability and usability for social media posts as well as to help us track the website statistics, we use the URL shortener service and link management platform bitly, owned by Bitly, Inc. The service uses redirects for links. Bitly automatically collects personal information about the interaction (such as clicks or views) with every Bitly Link created through the Services (either our bit.ly links or one of our branded domains) on a third-party website. This information includes, but is not limited to: (i) the IP address and location derived from the IP address; (ii) internet or other electronic network activity information like the referring websites or services; (iii) the time and date of each access; (iv) device settings, such as browser type, operating system, and language; (v) cookies, as described below, and mobile advertising identiﬁers and (v) information about sharing of the Bitly Link on Third Party Services. Bitly links are always identifiable as such. In case the user wishes not to use an offered bitly link, the information provided in the link is always accessible on our website or the respective original source, too.
This site uses web fonts provided by Google for a coherent and appealing display of content. When viewing a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to correctly display texts and fonts. This requires a connection to Google servers and transfers the information to Google that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web Fonts is in the interest of a consistent and attractive presentation of our website. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f. GDPR. For more information about Google Web Fonts please visit: https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq
On this page, you can register for participation in webinars and online workshops. The webinars will be held using the communication tool Zoom.
In order to guarantee data protection compliant processing, we have a contract for order processing with Zoom. For general security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, but also for secure use of Zoom, this site uses SSL or TLS encryption.
If the SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data that you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
On our website, you can subscribe to a free newsletter. The newsletter is operated by CleverReach. CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG, Mühlenstr. 43, 26180 Rastede, Deutschland.
The user of this website has the right to receive information free of charge about the origin, recipient and purpose of their stored personal data at any time. They also have the right to demand the correction or deletion of this data. If they have given their consent to data processing, they can revoke this consent for the future at any time. In addition, they have the right to demand, under certain circumstances, the restriction of the processing of their personal data. Furthermore, they have the right to appeal to the competent supervisory authority.
This website is hosted by the external service provider ip&more GmbH. The personal data collected on this website is stored on the host’s servers. This may include IP addresses, contact requests, meta and communication data, contract data, contact details, names, website accesses and other data generated by a website.
The use of a host is in the interest of a secure, fast and efficient provision of our online offer by a professional provider (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR).
Our host will only process your data to the extent necessary to fulfil its performance obligations and will follow our instructions with regard to this data.
In order to guarantee data protection compliant processing, we have completed a data processing agreement with our host.
This disclaimer should be regarded as part of the website to which this page refers. If parts of this text, or individual phrases within it, do not or no longer correspond to the current legal situation, either in part or in full, the content and validity of the remaining parts of the document remain unaffected.
On the social media channels of EFCNI, we share news about pregnancy, (preterm) birth, maternal and infant health and our activities to support newborn and preterm infants and their families. We are looking forward to lively and committed discussions in the comments. However, we would kindly ask you to keep in mind and adhere to the following guidelines:
- Be respectful: We kindly ask you to communicate and interact respectfully with others on our page. Refrain from insulting, provoking or threatening others. Respect opinions different from yours. Contribute to a supportive and positive community by offering encouragement, celebrating milestones, and providing support to others when possible.
- Share experiences and knowledge: Feel free to share your personal experiences, stories and insights related to preterm and newborn care. However, avoid providing medical advice or making unsupported claims. When sharing information or advice, please ensure it is based on scientific findings and credible sources.
- Stay on topic: Please keep discussions focused on topics related to preterm and newborn care.
- Engage in constructive dialogue: Foster a climate of constructive and respectful discussions. Listen to others’ perspectives, ask questions and offer constructive feedback. Disagree respectfully and avoid escalating conflicts.
- Be considerate and empathetic: We kindly ask you to show empathy and understanding towards others’ experiences and challenges. Be mindful of the sensitivities surrounding the topic of preterm and newborn care.
- Respect privacy and confidentiality: Please avoid sharing personal information or identifying details about others without their explicit consent. Respect the privacy and confidentiality of individuals and families.
- Report inappropriate content: If you come across any content that violates our netiquette guidelines or community standards, please report it to us immediately.
- Our handling of violations: Please understand that we cannot tolerate negative and disrespectful behaviour and that we will have to delete or ban such comments and/or users from our community. The same goes for the dissemination of false information. Note that we will bring charges against unlawful behaviour such as defamation, insult, or hate speech.
- Liability: We do not take on any responsibility for the contributions of our community. This responsibility is always borne by the respective users themselves.
Thank you for taking part! We are looking forward to an exciting discussion and a constructive exchange with you.
Your EFCNI Social Media Team
Auf unseren Social-Media-Kanälen teilen wir Neuigkeiten rund um die Themen Schwangerschaft, (Früh-)Geburt sowie Gesundheit von Müttern und Kindern. Außerdem informieren wir über unsere Aktivitäten zur Unterstützung von Neu- und Frühgeborenen und ihren Familien. Wir freuen uns auf rege und engagierte Diskussionen in den Kommentaren. Wir möchten Sie jedoch bitten, die folgenden Richtlinien zu beachten und einzuhalten:
- Seien Sie respektvoll: Wir bitten Sie, auf unserer Seite respektvoll mit anderen zu kommunizieren und zu interagieren. Verzichten Sie darauf, andere zu beleidigen, provozieren oder bedrohen. Respektieren Sie andere Meinungen als Ihre eigene. Seien Sie Teil einer unterstützenden und positiven Community, indem Sie Mut zusprechen, Meilensteine feiern und andere unterstützen, soweit dies möglich ist.
- Teilen Sie Erfahrungen und Wissen: Teilen Sie gern Ihre persönlichen Erfahrungen, Geschichten und Erkenntnisse im Zusammenhang mit der Versorgung von Früh- und Neugeborenen auf unseren Seiten. Vermeiden Sie es jedoch, medizinische Ratschläge zu erteilen oder unbegründete Behauptungen aufzustellen. Wenn Sie Informationen oder Ratschläge weitergeben, achten Sie bitte darauf, dass diese auf wissenschaftlichen Erkenntnissen und glaubwürdigen Quellen beruhen.
- Bleiben Sie beim Thema: Bitte konzentrieren Sie sich bei Diskussionen auf Themen, die mit der Versorgung von Früh- und Neugeborenen zu tun haben.
- Führen Sie einen konstruktiven Dialog: Fördern Sie ein Klima der konstruktiven und respektvollen Diskussion. Hören Sie sich die Sichtweisen der anderen an, stellen Sie Fragen und geben Sie konstruktives Feedback. Diskutieren Sie respektvoll und vermeiden Sie die Eskalation von Konflikten.
- Seien Sie rücksichtsvoll und einfühlsam: Wir bitten Sie, den Erfahrungen und Herausforderungen anderer mit Empathie und Verständnis zu begegnen. Behalten Sie im Hinterkopf, dass Geburt und vor allem Frühgeburt sensible Themen sein können und nehmen Sie Rücksicht darauf.
- Respektieren Sie die Privatsphäre und vertrauliche Informationen: Bitte geben Sie keine persönlichen Informationen oder identifizierende Details über andere ohne deren ausdrückliche Zustimmung weiter. Respektieren Sie die Privatsphäre von Einzelpersonen und Familien.
- Melden Sie unangemessene Inhalte: Wenn Sie auf Inhalte stoßen, die gegen unsere Netiquette-Richtlinien oder die Community-Standards der jeweiligen Plattform verstoßen, melden Sie uns diese bitte umgehend.
- Unser Umgang mit Verstößen: Bitte haben Sie Verständnis dafür, dass wir negatives und respektloses Verhalten nicht tolerieren können und dass wir entsprechende Kommentare löschen und/oder die jeweiligen Nutzer aus unserer Community ausschließen müssen. Das Gleiche gilt für die Verbreitung von Falschinformationen. Beachten Sie, dass wir gegen rechtswidriges Verhalten wie Verleumdung, Beleidigung oder Hassrede Anzeige erstatten werden.
- Haftung: Wir übernehmen keine Verantwortung für die Beiträge unserer Community. Diese Verantwortung liegt immer bei den jeweiligen Nutzern selbst.
Vielen Dank fürs Mitmachen! Wir freuen uns auf eine spannende Diskussion und einen konstruktiven Austausch mit Ihnen.
Ihr EFCNI Social Media Team