11 Months – 11 Topics
With the campaign “11 Months – 11 Topics”, launched in 2016, EFCNI’s social media and online communication focuses from February to December on one newborn health standard topic. They correspond to the eleven main subjects of the European Standards of Care for Newborn Health. Every month, the corresponding topic is explained by sharing infographics, related publications, news, interviews, or guest articles.
“11 Months – 11 Topics” reaches out to health professionals and policy makers, but also to lay persons who are to benefit from the dissemination of the standards in the long run, namely the preterm babies and their parents, relatives, and friends. With this campaign, extensive information and best practice examples are shared in order to raise awareness of the need for standards.
Why do we need these standards?
Watch the Chairs of our Topic Expert Groups explain why Standards of Care are necessary in these areas.
Data collection and documentation
Birth and transfer
Follow-up and continuing care
Medical care and clinical practice
Patient safety and hygiene practice
Infant- & family-centred developmental care
Here you find an overview of the topics which are featured monthly:
- February: Data collection and documentation
- March: Birth and transfer
- April: Follow-up and continuing care
- May: NICU design
- June: Medical care and clinical practice
- July: Ethical decision-making and palliative care
- August: Nutrition
- September: Education and training
- October: Patient safety and hygiene practice
- November: Infant- and family-centred developmental care
- December: Care procedures
For more detailed information about the European Standards of Care for Newborn Health as well as monthly updates, please visit our project page.